Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation 2009

Cathy and I decided on the spur of the moment to take a vacation. Work is slow and this would be one time I could leave and not worry about work. We first went to Jasper, AL and visited dear friends, Steve and Terri Vance and then we traveled on to the Biltmore Estate and later drove all over the Smokey Mountains and even on the Natchez Trace for awhile on the trip back home. America has some beautiful countryside!!!! I selected a few pictures that show some of what we did. Enjoy.

A view on the drive through Cade's Cove. On this drive we saw two black bears and several old churches and homes of the early settlers in Tennessee and North Carolina.
On our train ride through the Great Smokey Mountains and the Nantahala Gorge. This is a beautiful section of the mountains and a wonderful place if you like to do white water rafting.

My first breakfast at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate. I had some of everything. We ate out on the veranda. The weather was in the 50's early and never got out of the 70's. We were blessed with wonderful weather.

The Biltmore Estate - absolutely amazing and a vacation I would highly recommend to all!



My dear, old, wonderful friend, Steve Vance. Sorry I forgot to take a good picture of Steve and Terri. We had a wonderful time spending the night with them on our way to the Biltmore Estate. They have been gone from Texarkana for 13 years and it seemed like we still see each other everyday. That is how it is with real friends. Thanks Terri and Steve for opening your house to us and for the wonderful meal at Ocean in Birmingham.

Last but not least, here is the monster that my new i-phone has created. Hope you enjoy.


2 comments:

whitney said...

your videos crack me up! i would have been shopping too instead of climbing hills!

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

haha! i love that! Cathy's shopping! haha Looks like a great vacation! and that mansion is AWESOME! will have to check that out some day!